Dr. Benjamin Graham
Dr. Ben Graham is an associate professor in the Department of Political Science and International Relations and the Co-Founder of the Security and Political Economy (SPEC) Lab.
Dr. Graham's core research is in two fields: the political economy of security and the geopolitics of foreign investment, including the evolution of international property rights. His first book, Investing in the Homeland, focuses on the role of migrants in multinational firms. He also conducts research on federalism, powersharing, and unrecognized states.
- Political Economy of Security
- Powersharing: Inclusion, Dispersion, and Constraint
- Foreign Investment and Political Risk in Emerging Markets
- International Political Economy Data Resource
For a few Washington Post pieces applying findings from Dr. Graham's academic work to current policy debates, click below to see the following:
(4) the rise of transfer restrictions as an understudied form of political risk